Saturday 20 March 2010

Make Over Shoot

I was approached a few weeks ago by a Make Up Artist (MUA), to see if I would do a TFCD photo shoot of some models, after she had done their make up. The MUA was looking to get examples of her work for Bridal make up and to capture the subtle changes that Brides would wish for on their Wedding Day. I was more than willing to do this as I use every training opportunity I can get.

On the day, although 4 models were planned, only 1 turned up Tia, she was great to work with. My daughter agreed to step in and have her's done as well, to give a bit of variety, well a second model anyway. What I was not prepared for was the length of time it takes to do the make up professionally. The MUA arrived with a suitcase of equipment, which included a small make up compressor and associated attachments, to spray on, very finely, several different levels of make up, whilst ensuring it doesn't look plastic once complete, then the eye make up. She then moved onto the hair, a total process time of well over an hour each.

Here are the before and after pictures, both the models and the MUA were pleased with the results. I was happy with that, as it was the first Commercial type shoot I had done!







No comments:

Post a Comment