Friday 12 March 2010

Focus 2010

Had a busy week this week helping out on the PhotoTraining4U stand at Focus on Imaging 2010, held at the NEC. I was there to assist Mark and Debbie Cleghorn and their team, to promote the PhotoTraining4U brand.

I asked Mark if I could attend with the team for the duration of Focus to help others understand the benefits they could receive from being part of this fantastic resource. I felt that as it is a product I truly believe in, I would be able to give prospective members a true insight into what it is and how I use it, i.e. give the view from a current user.

I also offered Mark the possibility for me to actually present on his stand, conscious that if I messed it up, it was his business I was messing with. Mark and Debbie were more than grateful for me to do this and as such, gave me 2 presentation slots each day. The talks I gave were, one on the PhotoTraining4U site, who am I, how i got into PhotoTraining4U and what the site is all about, including how I use the resource to improve my photography. The second talk was about my time as the PhotoTraining4U Apprentice and how I have evolved since being part of this stupendous opportunity to progress my photographic skills!

The days were long but extremely rewarding, I lost count of the number of people who came up to me and spoke highly of what we, the Apprentices , have achieved with Marks guidance over the last 8 months, many of whom spoke to me and Ozzy as if they know us, as they have watched us within the site so many times. It was a real confidence boost to know that people are learning so much from seeing myself and Ozzy develop, that they are developing with us!

It was also a great opportunity to get to know the PhotoTraining4U team socially outside of the show times, many a great, if not sometimes strange, conversation had, along with a couple of lemonades of course, not to mention the Chinese all you can eat buffet, twice!

See below a couple of images of the stand, we were I believe one of the busiest stands!

The stand ready for the day.

View from a different angle, the PCs gave a live view of the site.

The happy team.

Me in full swing during one of my presentations.

No comments:

Post a Comment